Pages

Football: UK police look into alleged anti-Semitic chanting after Chelsea-Brighton match

Football: UK police look into alleged anti-Semitic chanting after Chelsea-Brighton match

LONDON (REUTERS) - Three men have been spoken to by transport police after reports of anti-Semitic chanting on a train following the Premier League match between Brighton & Hove Albion and Chelsea on Sunday (Dec 16).
The incident comes after Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck had greeted fans before the game at the Amex Stadium in an attempt to present a positive image following allegations of anti-Semitic chanting at their Europa League match at Vidi FC last week.
It also follows on from Chelsea banning four supporters pending a police investigation after the alleged racist abuse of Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling at Stamford Bridge earlier this month.
"Officers received reports of anti-Semitic chanting on board a train ... at around 4 pm yesterday afternoon," a British Transport Police statement said on Monday.
"BTP attended and three men were spoken to by officers, but at this time no one has come forward to make a complaint." The statement also appealed for witnesses to come forward.
Chelsea and Brighton could not be immediately reached for comment.



Home United won the AIA Community Shield after a 5-4 penalty shoot-out victory over Albirex Niigata at the Jalan Besar Stadium on Saturday. The AIA Community Shield, a curtain-raiser to the 2019
Singapore Premier League: After beating Albirex Niigata in



Johhnny Murtagh rode Motivator again in the Derby, but only after successfully appealing a three-day riding ban which would have ruled him out of the race. Motivator was a well-supported 3/1 favourite for the Derby, ahead Gypsy King at 7/2 and Dubawi at 5/1.
If you're not motivated for Spurs, there's no point in


Leicester City Welcome Brendan Rodgers With Win, Newcastle



Lionel Messi tells Ernesto Valverde to axe five Barcelona stars this summer - report LIONEL MESSI has told Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde to axe five first-team stars. The Catalans are flying
Chelsea News: Lionel Messi tells Ernesto Valverde to axe



A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Sunday Times on January 13, 2019, with the headline 'Iran and Iraq qualify for last 16 with easy wins'. Print Edition | Subscribe Topics:
Football: Iran and Iraq qualify for last 16 with easy wins



Pele will have an operation to remove a 'ureteral stone,' his doctors said Wednesday, a day after the football great returned to Brazil following treatment in a Paris hospital for an infection. The 78-year-old was admitted to the Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo for more tests after arriving in Brazil early Tuesday. "The tests …



A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on April 10, 2019, with the headline 'Sterling gets van Dijk's vote for PFA award'. Print Edition | Subscribe.
Sterling gets Van Dijk's vote for PFA player of the year



Home » Sport » Champions League: What Fabinho said about Messi after Liverpool's 4-0 win over Barcelona. Champions League final: Barcelona react to Liverpool's 2-0 win over Tottenham.
What Luis Suarez said about Liverpool's incredible win over



WATCH: Mourinho humiliated by fall at Russian hockey league face-off AFP Former Manchester United coach Jose Mourinho fell as he presented a symbolic face-off at a Russian hockey match.


Football: After goalie Casillas' heart attack, wife Sara says



Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde has admitted he views Atletico Madrid as a greater threat to his side winning La Liga this season than Real Madrid. Atletico, who play Getafe on Saturday, sit five points behind Barca in the table while Real's stuttering campaign means they are already 10 adrift of the league leaders.
Atletico The Greatest Threat To Barcas La Liga Hopes

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen