
HUDDERSFIELD, England (REUTERS) - Gerard Deulofeu scored in each half as Watford beat Huddersfield Town 2-1 to clinch their first Premier League away win in four games at the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday (April 20).
The visitors opened the scoring inside five minutes after an effort from Abdoulaye Doucoure was blocked by Huddersfield centre back Terence Kongolo inside the area, only for Deulofeu to slot home a curling effort.
The Spanish winger doubled his tally for the afternoon with an identical goal after Huddersfield goalkeeper Jonas Lossl had saved the initial effort from Doucoure.
It was the Deulofeu's ninth league goal of the campaign, continuing his sparkling run of form after his two strikes against Wolverhampton Wanderers put Watford in the FA Cup final.
Relegated Huddersfield struggled to create opportunities for the majority of the game before substitute Karlan Grant headed in a late consolation goal.
Watford boss Javi Gracia was pleased with an all-round display from Deulofeu, who has now scored six goals in his last five away league appearances.
"He's scoring important goals and very good goals," Gracia said.
"All goals are good for me, but in this moment I think Gerard is scoring and he is living an important moment for him and for the team, helping the team with his goals."
The win took Watford provisionally to seventh in the league standings, which could guarantee a Europa League spot should Manchester City beat them in the FA Cup final.
"This week is going to be tough with Southampton and Wolves," former Barcelona winger Deulofeu said.
"We know the FA Cup final is going to be tough against Manchester City but we did 10 months really well and we have to finish in the best way so we'll try to finish seventh."
Grant's fourth league goal of the season made him Huddersfield's top scorer of the campaign as the Terriers moved level with Derby County's lowest Premier League tally of 20 goals in 2007-08.

Spurs boss Pochettino charged by FA with improper conduct Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino was Monday charged with improper conduct by the Football Association following his side's defeat
Spurs boss Pochettino charged by FA with improper conduct

London: Mauricio Pochettino says Harry Kane is making a "fantastic" recovery and could be back in action ahead of schedule following the ankle injury he suffered last month against Manchester United. Kane was initially ruled out until March, but Spurs boss Pochettino said the England captain could feature in his side's Premier League match at
Kane making 'fantastic' recovery, says Spurs boss Pochettino

Barcelona has welcomed Ousmane Dembele back to training ahead of a crunch LaLiga clash with title rival Atletico Madrid and its Champions League quarter-final with Manchester United. Dembele sustained a torn hamstring after coming off the bench in Barca's 5-1 last-16 second-leg win over Lyon last month, with Ernesto Valverde accepting he knew
JUST IN: Dembele takes part in full training ahead of United

"We came in on the back of the European Championships, they have had a change of coach, they have had a lot of difficulties to deal with through the campaign, but now we are there and we look to
Arsenal v Man City Review - Spirited Gunners still have a lot

Uncategorized Ake strikes late to sink nine-man Spurs. Bournemouth (United Kingdom) (AFP) - Nine-man Tottenham Hotspur's bid for Champions League football was rocked on Saturday after Nathan Ake's last-gasp winner punished red cards for Son Heung-min and Juan Foyth and condemned Spurs to a 1-0 Premier League defeat at Bournemouth.
Nathan Ake strikes late to help Bournemouth sink nine-man

Former Arsenal, Real Madrid and Spain star Jose Antonio Reyes has been killed in a car crash, his hometown club Sevilla said on Saturday. He was 35. Reyes, who shot to fame at Sevilla before a
Football: Grief in Sevilla as former star Jose Antonio Reyes

Solskjaer extends perfect record as Manchester United beat

Liverpool became the fourth English team to progress to Champions League last-eight. (Source: Reuters) Sadio Mane scored twice to hand Liverpool a 3-1 Champions League victory at Bayern Munich on Wednesday as they nullified their German opponents with a dominant performance that sent them through to the quarter-finals.
Liverpool ease past Bayern Munich to join Man Utd, Man City

Trust in players crucial: Nazri. Singapore assistant coach Nazri Nasir with the Lions squad during training at Jalan Besar Stadium on Monday. He says his short stint as caretaker coach was a good
Trust in players crucial: Nazri : He will assist new Lions h

Take leap abroad, but with eyes open. Faris Ramli sealed a deal with SPL side Hougang just weeks after the mutual termination of his contract with Perlis. PHOTO: FACEBOOK/HOUGANG UNITED.
17 things that change forever when you live abroad

Man City appeal possible Champions League ban getty, Michael Regan Manchester City have launched a legal bid to stop UEFA banning them from the 2020-2021 Champions League, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) said on Monday.
Man City appeal against possible Champions League ban

Photos of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and colleagues in the days of little beginning and now
EPL, English Premier League news: Brendan Rodgers set to make

Experienced Liverpool making a big statement: Juergen Klopp Liverpool beat Porto 4-1 at the Dragao Stadium on Wednesday to advance 6-1 on aggregate with their attacking trio of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino all on target once again.
Experienced Liverpool making a big statement, says Klopp

Feb 9 (Reuters) - Cardiff City's Kenneth Zohore struck deep into stoppage time to secure a crucial 2-1 win on Saturday away to fellow Premier League strugglers Southampton, who thought they had
Southampton vs. Cardiff City - Football Match Report

Pep Guardiola is not concerned about the way his Manchester City players use social media, despite a post from Kyle Walker that appeared to mock Premier League title rivals Liverpool. Walker posted a picture of Harry Maguire on Twitter after the Leicester defender’s equaliser secured a 1-1 draw at Anfield on Wednesday, meaning that
Guardiola not worried about Man City players' social media
0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen